2 tbsp peanut oil
3 shallots, diced
1 large garlic clove, minced
stems from 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp curry powder
1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
3/4 c peanut butter
1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1. Heat the oil in a soup pot. Add garlic, shallots, and cilantro stems. Cook over high heat for a few minutes, then reduce heat to medium. Cook 10 minutes.
2. Stir in curry powder and cayenne pepper.
3. Add 3 cups of water and tomatoes, including all the juices. Stir well and bring to a boil.
4. Drop in the peanut butter and simmer 15 minutes.
5. Stir in the coconut milk. Add salt to taste.
6. Add a dollop of yogurt and some chopped cilantro to each bowl. Serve with a wedge of lime on the side.