Wednesday, October 31, 2012

In Which Jen and Keith Go to Curaçao

HI! It's so good to be back home! Before I tell you about our trip to Curaçao, I want to thank The Fiercest Lilliputian and Laurendy for guest posting while I was away. Emma, you look beautiful. And Lauren, I love your creepy Halloween decor!

Keith and I flew to Curaçao on October 20 and came back just four days later. The island is gorgeous, peaceful, colorful, and warm but pleasantly overcast, so we were in no danger of sunburn. TROPICAL PERFECTION, Y'ALL. We strolled through Willemstad, watched the Queen Emma bridge open and close by moonlight, drank ridiculous blue cocktails, invented cute "vacation names" for each other, and doubled our money at the casino. I took an awesome picture of a shirtless Keith covered in our casino winnings, but I think he'd kill me if I posted it here.

Queen Emma pontoon bridge in Willemstad, Curaçao.
Rif Fort in Willemstad, Curaçao: "Hey guys, let's build a resort into a 17th century fort!" "Okay!"
Willemstad looks like candy! 
Why hello, wind-blown saltwater beach hair. I wish I could take you home with me.
I love this man.
Keshi Yena at La Bahia in Willemstad  - The BEST meal I had in Curaçao!
I found this recipe for it, and I really want to try to re-create it.
There were crabs everywhere! I couldn't stop photographing them.
Seriously, I think I took about 50 pictures of crabs. I WON'T BORE YOU WITH THEM ALL.
Oh, and about that man-made outdoor beach on the second floor of the hotel? It was so much like the beach at Destin, I wouldn't have known it was fake if I hadn't already been told. And that's not just cuz I sipped a few piña coladas there... it was so realistic! After seeing all the ocean life at the natural, rockier beaches, I was glad the fake beach was there so the critters could be left in peace.

We came home Wednesday, I worked on Thursday, and then I spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday staffing Geek Media Expo. I hear that it was fun, but I wouldn't know. Here's my question for seasoned con staffers: WHEN DO YOU PEE?!?!?! My first panels started at 9:00 a.m., my last panels ended at 1:00 a.m., and I had so many panels scheduled back to back that I couldn't eat, take a break, put on costumes, or even thank our author panelists before I had to run to another room to start another panel. Aside from an idyllic hour on Saturday evening spent in the board game room with Keith, I had no rest. By the time I left on Sunday, I was an exhausted, tearful ball of nerves. I came home, collapsed, and it took more than two days to recover. But I'm back! And I'm really excited to start some new projects and show you new things.

What have YOU been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Your comments always make my day.

P.S. All trolls will be fed to the bookworms.